This page lists the guidelines users must follow while at the Cats Wiki.
- Keep it civil – Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. The Cats Wiki takes a zero tolerance stance when it comes to bigoted language and personal attacks towards other users. Those who speak in a disparaging manner towards or about another in relation to their nationality, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc., will receive an infinite block.
- Be a productive member of the wiki – Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an administrator! Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion – The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc. Have a question about whether your link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Do not post mature content – Since the Cats Wiki is a family friendly place, mature content (ie: pornography, gore, or any other content intended for an 18+ audience) whether in images or written form, will not be tolerated here, be it in the main space, message walls, Discussions, or user profile pages. Such content will be deleted on sight, and the poster will receive an infinite block.
- Do not vandalize articles – Vandalism is any bad faith edit with the intent of reducing the quality of an article. This includes removing most or all content from an article, adding false information, removing correct information, adding inappropriate content and spamming.
- Do not edit a user profile page that is not your own – The Cats Wiki considers a user's profile page property of the person whose account it is attached to, and shall not be edited by other users, unless that page's owner gives express permission to do so. Only staff may edit another user's page without their permission, but may only do so if deemed absolutely necessary (IE: to revert vandalism, or if it contains content that violates wiki policy, such as mature content, hate speech, etc.).
- Do not harass other users – If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall.
- Do not discuss politics and/or religion – These can be sensitive topics for some people, and discussions about them can turn into heated arguments and/or personal attacks, the latter of which violates rule 1.
- No badge hunting – Do not make pointless, absurd, unnecessary or bad faith edits for the sole purpose of gaining achievements.
- Official language – English is the only language used on this wiki. British English and American English are both accepted.
- Stay on-topic – Do not sidetrack a conversation on an unrelated message wall, blog, or in the Discussions forums.
- Not being aware does not make you exempt – It is your responsibility to follow the rules. Ignorance of them is not an excuse to violate them.
Violation of these guidelines is grounds for warnings. Repeated warnings or major violations may result in blocks of unspecified length. Repeated blocks will result in a permanent ban. Please consult an administrator if you have any questions.