The International Cat Association, commonly known as TICA, is the world's largest genetic cat registry. Originally a North American organization, it now has a worldwide presence. The organization has a genetic registry for pedigreed and household pet cats and is one of the world's largest sanctioning bodies for cat shows.
TICA's activities include:
- encouraging its members to be owners and breeders of cats who work together to promote the preservation of pedigreed cats and the health and welfare of domestic cats.
- maintaining a certified pedigree registry.
- providing cat shows which promote both pedigreed and non-pedigreed cats.
- encouraging its members to foster spay/neuter awareness through public education, to become active in voluntary service at local animal shelters or outreach programs for schools and/or senior or disabled citizens, and to become involved in citizen advisory groups to foster legislation regarding the health and welfare of cats.
- promoting friendly relations between breeders in the USA and other countries.
- disseminating information to breeders, owners, exhibitors, and the general public concerning breeding, exhibition, improvement of breeds, and the care and welfare of cats.
- setting up a foundation to encourage research on feline health issues and to provide lists of resource materials on health issues to its members.
Listed in alphabetical order by breed:
- A - Abyssinian, American Bobtail, American Curl, American Shorthair
- B - Balinese, Bengal, Birman, Bombay, British Shorthair, Burmese
- C - Chartreux, Chausie, Cornish Rex
- D - Devon Rex, Donskoy
- E - Egyptian Mau, Exotic Shorthair
- H - Havana Brown, Highlander, Himalayan
- J - Japanese Bobtail
- K - Korat, Kurilian Bobtail
- L - LaPerm
- M - Maine Coon, Manx, Minskin, Munchkin
- N - Nebelung, Norwegian Forest Cat
- O - Ocicat, Ojos Azules, Oriental
- P - Persian, Peterbald, Pixiebob
- R - Ragdoll, Russian Blue
- S - Savannah, Scottish Fold, Selkirk Rex, Serengeti, Siamese, Siberian, Singapura, Snowshoe, Sokoke, Somali, Sphynx
- T - Thai, Tonkinese, Toyger, Turkish Angora, Turkish Van